Thursday, February 11, 2010

Our First Hospital Trip-- Hopefully Our Last Until Delivery!

Yesterday was a rough day for Thomas and me! So far in this high-risk pregnancy, I have chosen to ignore the possibility of "risk" involved with my pregnancy, but I was definitely reminded that I was not on the road to a normal pregnancy when I was sent to OB Triage at Good Samaritan Hospital...
Earlier this week, I started developing back pain and I thought nothing of it until it intensified and included stomach pain and shortness of breath. I decided to call my doctor who told me to immediatly go to triage. Tom rushed home, in the blizzard, to take me to the hospital where they immediatly put me on a fetal monitor and ran EVERY test that you can imagine. (I still feel a little violated!) It turns out that at 21 weeks, I was having contractions. Luckily, I did not dialate or have any other complications. They ran tests to see if it was my kidneys or liver having problems and made sure my pap came back fine. All the tests were clear, so I was sent home after 5 hours when the contractions stopped and told to immediately come back if it happens again.

I think I need to stop telling Thomas that I can't wait to meet him because I'm not ready for him to take me seriously ;) This hospital trip really put my situation back into perspective and I have been really nervous about everything since.

On a slightly happier note, I think we found our Rabbi. We had a phone conference last night and he assigned us some reading homework. I will let you know more as soon as we do!

I will post pictures as soon as I find my camera! Pesky thing likes to disappear!

No comments:

Post a Comment